Temporary Full Time / Casual
OFFICE COORDINATOR EXTENDICARE ST. PAUL
Applications are invited for the Temporary full-time – Casual position of Office Coordinator at Extendicare St. Paul, our 76-bed facility located in St. Paul, Alberta.
Reporting to the Administrator, the Office Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of the business office and systems; including but not limited to, accounting and payroll duties. The Office Coordinator also provides secretarial support to the Administrator and other supervisory staff in the facility.
- Plans, organizes, directs and supervises the activities of the business office; establishes and monitors work flow and makes changes as necessary to improve quality of service.
- Adheres to established policies and procedures regarding quality assurance, fire, occupational health and safety, environment and infection control.
- Maintains internal records and prepares internal reports for facility as required; maintains confidentiality of all financial, personnel and resident data; maintains accounting records
- Handles payments from families and all queries concerning billings from residents and /or families; prepares bank deposits
- Greets visitors, determines purpose of visit; directs visitors to proper location as appropriate; informs staff of visitor’s arrival; presents a positive image of the facility to the public; monitors comings and goings of residents from facility.
- Post secondary diploma/certificate in office or business administration (or comparable) preferred.
- Secretarial skills and experience with office procedures required
- Knowledge and experience with office equipment including personal computers, Microsoft office.
- Must have an understanding of banking practices i.e. deposits, trust, etc. and sufficient accounting knowledge to determine proper entries.
- Knowledge of payroll, scheduling, benefit administration, interpretation and application of collective agreement provisions, accounts receivable, and accounts payable practices.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and have exceptional time management skills.
- Previous experience in working with Extendicare’s accounting, scheduling, payroll and resident application systems preferred.
- Knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety practices, principles and legislation
- Ability to read and write English as well as to understand complex verbal and written instructions in English.
Interested applicants may forward their resume in confidence no later than February 21, 2020 to the attention of:
Pat Chychul, Administrator