Here is the latest news on the COVID-19 global pandemic. This file will be updated throughout the day (all times Eastern):
British Columbia has announced an additional $500,000 to help support caregivers and seniors as part of the province's emergency COVID-19 response plan.
The province's seniors advocate Isobel Mackenzie says this doubles the funding to Family Caregivers of B.C. to $1 million for the year and will help expand toll-free support line hours, emotional supports and health-care navigation.
Family Caregivers of B.C. is a not-for-profit organization that supports people who care for senior citizens.
Prince Edward Island is not reporting any new cases of COVID-19 today.
The number of cases remains at 26, with 24 people recovered.
A case is deemed recovered if it has been 14 days since symptoms began; the individual does not have a fever, and symptoms have markedly improved.
Quebec is reporting 69 new deaths linked to COVID-19, brining the total number of deaths to 1,515.
The province is also reporting 24,107 confirmed cases — an additional 840 cases compared to Saturday.
Premier Francois Legault will begin outlining a timeline for the reopening of the province's schools and economy this week.
On Monday, Quebec is expected to detail how it intends to manage the return for students, who've been off since schools were shuttered on March 13.
Ontario's education minister says all publicly-funded schools will remain closed until May 31 to keep students and staff safe from COVID-19.
Stephen Lecce says the decision was based on advice from medical experts.
Lecce says the school closure could be further extended.
Students have already transitioned to learning online over the past month.
Public Health officials are reporting no new cases of COVID-19 in New Brunswick Sunday.
New Brunswick has 118 confirmed cases, and 111 people have recovered.
Four people remain hospitalized, and there are no patients in an intensive care unit.
The first phase of the provincial government’s COVID-19 recovery plan began on Friday.
Newfoundland and Labrador has one new confirmed case of COVID-19, bringing the provincial total to 258.
Five people are in hospital due to the virus, and two of them are in intensive care.
There have been three deaths from COVID-19 in the province.
So far, 219 people have recovered.
Nova Scotia is reporting two more deaths related to COVID-19, bringing the provincial total to 24.
Both deaths occurred at the Northwood long-term care home in Halifax Regional Municipality.
As of today, Nova Scotia has eight new confirmed cases of COVID-19 for a total of 873.
There are 10 licensed long-term care homes and unlicensed seniors' facilities in Nova Scotia with cases of COVID-19, involving 197 residents and 95 staff.
Four hundred and thirty-nine individuals have now recovered and their cases of COVID-19 are considered resolved.
Ontario is reporting 437 new cases of COVID-19 and 24 new deaths related to the virus.
The province is reporting a total of 14,432 confirmed cases of the coronavirus and the death toll now stands at 835.
Ontario says 8,000 cases are now considered to be resolved.
The Canadian Press