Fire likely caused by tossed cigarette
Wind fans flames
1 / 1
A discarded cigarette was likely the cause of a fire near St. Brides this morning.
Photo courtesy St. Paul Fire Department
Strong winds fanned the flames of a fire in the ditch near St. Brides this morning. The St. Paul Fire Department received the fire call at about 10:45 a.m., according to Fire Chief Trevor Kotowich. He said the strong winds pushed the fire to the east along Highway 29 from the intersection at St. Brides until firefighters were able to stop it. Kotowich said he suspects the fire was ignited by a cigarette, likely tossed into the ditch. ATCO was also on scene to ensure no damage was done to power poles in the area.