BONNYVILLE/COLD LAKE - A man from Elizabeth Settlement is facing a number of drug-related and theft charges.
On Sept. 29, Bonnyville General Investigation Section (GIS) laid charges in relation to an ongoing drug trafficking investigation with the assistance of Edmonton ALERT. Through the course of that investigation, Bonnyville RCMP was also able to lay charges for a vehicle theft that occurred in relation to the trafficking investigation.
On Oct. 6, Cold Lake RCMP members began tracking a stolen vehicle and followed it to a property on Cold Lake First Nations. In relation to this, the male suspect of the Bonnyville Trafficking Investigation was arrested.
Bonnyville RCMP have charged Clifford Mackenzie Katcheech with trafficking methamphetamine, theft of a truck, and fail to comply with undertaking.
Cold RCMP have charged Katcheech with:
- Possession of cocaine for the purpose of trafficking
- Possession of methamphetamine for the purpose of trafficking
- Possession of stolen property over $5,000
- Possession of stolen property under $5,000
- Possession of proceeds of crime
- Two counts of fail to comply with undertaking
Katcheech has been remanded into custody, and is set to appear in court on all charges on Oct. 28 at Cold Lake Provincial Court.