Skip to content

St. Paul man faces numerous charges after an alleged a break and enter

A man from St. Paul County is facing several charges after allegedly being caught by the RCMP police Dog Services Unit during a break and enter in progress.

BONNYVILLE – A St. Paul man has been remanded into custody after RCMP followed the vehicle he was driving to a location where the man was allegedly involved in a break and enter of private property on Jan. 26.  

At 10:30 a.m., a member of the Bonnyville RCMP observed a suspicious vehicle near Highway 41 and Township Road 620.   

A traffic stop was attempted but the driver fled at a high rate of speed, according to police. 

The Police Dog Services Unit was in the area and observed the vehicle a few minutes later. 

According to RCMP, the vehicle was being driven erratically and “eventually parked at a location where the occupants of the truck were involved in a break and enter.” 

The incident occurred in the area of 48 Ave. and 54 St. in Bonnyville. 

Ryan Bugeja, 31, of St. Paul County was arrested and charged with driving while prohibited, dangerous operation of a motor vehicle, flight from police, obstruction, driving an uninsured motor vehicle, possession of stolen property less than $5,000 and two counts of failing to comply with a release order.  

Bugeja was brought before a Justice of the Peace who remanded him into custody.  He’s set to appear before the courts on Feb. 7. 

Police did not release any information on the other occupants of the truck that may have been involved in the break and enter. 

RCMP return stolen car, Bonnyville woman arrested 

While conducting proactive patrols, a Bonnyville RCMP member located a stolen vehicle in the area of 66 St. and 49 Ave. at 7:15 a.m. on Jan. 30. 

According to RCMP, the investigation revealed that 25-year-old Jesse Taylor of Bonnyville was allegedly in possession of the stolen Honda Civic.   

Taylor was arrested and now faces charges of possession of a car over $5,000 and driving without a licence.  

She was held for a bail hearing and was later released to appear in court on Feb. 21.    

The recovered car was towed from the scene and returned to the registered owner. 

push icon
Be the first to read breaking stories. Enable push notifications on your device. Disable anytime.
No thanks